Savory Beef Stew
- 3.5oz lean steak (round, London broil, or any other lean steak) finely cubed or whole. (This is a slow cooked dish so, for multiple servings, weigh out in hundred gram increments and then divide into equal servings at the end of the cooking process.)
- 2-3 stalks chopped celery
- 1 cup beef broth or water
- 1 tbsp chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and minced
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- pinch of oregano
- cayenne pepper to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan, lightly brown cubed beef, onion and garlic.
- Add water, vegetables, and spices and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for approximately 30 minutes to an hour or until the beef is tender.
- Add water as needed to create a stew-like consistency.
- Serve hot and enjoy. Garnish with parsley.
Tip: This also works as a crock pot recipe. Just add additional water and slow cook whole 100 gram servings instead of cubed.