- 1 large spaghetti squash, roasted (about 10 cups)
- 16 oz. peeled and deveined shrimp, thawed if frozen
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped fresh basil for topping (optional)
- 3 cloves raw garlic
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth or water
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1⁄4 tsp dried oregano
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Puree pesto ingredients in a food processor. This step can be done 1-2 days in advance.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Use a knife to prick a few holes in the squash. Bake for about 1 hour and 20 minutes (flipping halfway through). The squash is done when it feels tender when pierced with a knife.
- Let squash cool before cutting it open, scooping out seeds and separating the strands.
- Spray a large sauté pan with zero-calorie nonstick cooking spray. Add shrimp, season liberally with salt and pepper. Cook until shrimp are pink and opaque.
- Transfer shrimp to a plate and add roasted spaghetti squash noodles into the pan.
- Add the basil pesto sauce to the pan with the squash and toss to coat.
- Transfer spaghetti squash mixture to plates. Top with cooked shrimp, sprinkle with chopped basil.