- ½ large onion, sliced into half-moons
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded, sliced into 2 ½ to 3-inch long strips
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded, sliced into 2 ½ to 3-inch long strips
- 1 orange or green bell pepper, seeded, sliced into 2 ½ to 3-inch long strips
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 1 Tbsp Stevia
- ½ Tbsp dried oregano
- 2-3 roma or other plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- ¼ cup fresh basil, leaves torn roughly
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Add onions to a pan on high heat with a tiny bit of water or 0-calorie nonstick cooking spray.
- Sprinkle with a little salt and sauté for 2-3 minutes, or until the onions just begin to color.
- Add the peppers and stir well to combine with the onions. Sauté for 4-5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the garlic and sauté another 1-2 minutes. Sprinkle a little more salt over everything, then add the Stevia and dried oregano. Cook 1 minute.
- Add the diced tomatoes and cook for 1 more minute.
- When done, turn off the heat and mix in the torn basil.
- Grind some black pepper over everything and squeeze lemon juice on top before serving.