Holiday mocktails by RM culinary chef, Jan D’Atri.
- 1 apple juiced (use pulp from apple)
- 6 oz chilled sparkling mineral water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Vanilla or English toffee liquid Stevia
- Apple slice for garnish
- Crushed ice (optional)
- Combine apple and lemon juices with flavored stevia. Works great with tangy apples, like Granny Smith, but for a sweeter drink, use Red Delicious.
- Add sparkling mineral water and ice if desired.
- Serve in a martini glass with a slice or curl of apple peel for garnish.
- 8-10 large mint leaves
- ½ cup Splenda®
- ¾ cup fresh lime juice (from about 7 limes)
- 24oz sparkling water
- Finely chop the mint leaves and place in a bowl or pitcher. Press with a pestle or the back of a spoon to release their natural oils.
- Add Splenda to the mint leaves and press together. Add the lime juice and dissolve.
- Transfer mixture into a pitcher if it is not in one already, and add sparkling water. Mix to ensure everything has been dissolved, and serve over ice immediately. Garnish with lime slices and mint leaves if desired.
Serving size dependent on individual calorie allotment and diet guidelines
Can cocktails sabotage your weight loss program? Of course they can, unless you make them mocktails that are healthy, delicious, and guilt free. Perfect for New Year’s, Super Bowl, or anytime. Let’s make some delicious drinks that get the Red Mountain Weight Loss thumbs up. Today we’re making an Apple Martini and a Mojito Mocktail. We’ll be using fresh fruit and zero-calorie flavored sweeteners. Let’s start with the mojito – you’ll need fresh mint leaves, lemon or lime juice, some peppermint stevia, sparkling water, and crushed ice. Take some leaves of mint, crush and muddle them in a cocktail glass. That’s to release the mints amazing flavor and oil. Next, add a few drops of peppermint stevia which adds all the flavor but no calories. By the way, peppermint oil has lots of healthy benefits, including relieving your tummy from indigestion. Now add the juice from half of a large lime for that mojito tang, and finally some crushed or cubed ice, and top it off with sparkling water. Then, add one slice of lime, and you have a refreshing and guilt free mojito mocktail. Now, let’s make an apple martini. You’ll need one crisp apple, a blender or bullet, and a fresh lemon. Peel and chop the apple into small cubes and then add them to your blender. Next, pour in two tablespoons of lemon juice. And for sweetener, liquid Stevia. I’m using the French vanilla flavored stevia because I think it’ll go great with the apple flavor. Secure the lid and then blend the mixture until it’s smooth. Pour it into a cocktail shaker and then add some ice cubes and sparkling water. Secure the lid and give it some good shakes. Then, pour this delicious mixture into a cocktail glass and garnish with apple slices, then sip and savor your apple martini. Two delicious beverages for any occasion to be enjoyed guilt free, courtesy of Red Mountain Weight Loss. For more great recipes for clean eating The Red Mountain Way visit Redmountainweightloss.com