- 4 cups eggplant
- 1 1/2 cups medium tomatoes
- 1 cup zucchini
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 1 Tbsp plus 2 Tsp red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Zero-calorie nonstick cooking spray
- Slice eggplant into 1/2-inch-thick rounds. Soak in a bowl of lightly salted water for 15-20 minutes. Drain and squeeze out the excess moisture.
- Slice tomatoes and zucchini into 1/2-inch-thick rounds.
- Stem and seed the bell pepper. Slice the pepper and onion into 1/2-inch-thick rings.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Spray the vegetables with zero-calorie nonstick cooking spray on both sides and season with 1/2 tsp salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill the vegetables (in batches if necessary), turning, until soft and marked, about 6 minutes for the tomatoes, 7-8 minutes for the bell pepper, onion, and zucchini, and about 10 minutes for the eggplant. Let cool.
- Drizzle the vegetables with vinegar.
- Divide the zucchini and eggplant among plates and arrange them in a circle, overlapping slightly. Top with the bell pepper, tomato, and onion. Sprinkle with basil.
For Flex™ Patients: Top with 1/2 oz. fresh mozzarella.
Recipe Yields: 7 1/4 cups of vegetables