- 3.5 oz. boneless sirloin steak
- 4 oz. cremini or button mushrooms, sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1-2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tsp water
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary
- 1⁄2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Zero-calorie nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat grill to medium heat. Prepare garlic and place in the center of an 8-10 inch square of heavy foil. Bring foil up around the cloves, making a replica bowl.
- Sprinkle Italian seasoning, rosemary, and water into a foil bowl. Completely enclose the garlic with the foil and twist on the top.
- While you prepare the steak, grill the foil filled with garlic. Sprinkle the steak with salt and pepper, and rub well into the steak. Place steak on the grill.
- Continue cooking garlic cloves and the steak until the steak is done. Note: Garlic cloves should be soft by the time the steak is done.
- On the stovetop, preheat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Spray the pan with zero-calorie nonstick cooking spray. Add the mushrooms and sprinkle on the salt. Let cook for 5-7 minutes, stirring often until the moisture has released and the mushrooms are lightly browned.
- To serve, carefully open the foil and put garlic on top of the steak. Mash garlic with a fork and sprinkle with herb mixture over garlic and steak. Top with sautéed mushrooms.
For Flex™ Patients: Serve with steamed broccoli (1⁄2 cup).
Recipe Yields: 3.5 oz. of protein and 1 cup of vegetables