- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 4 cups of vegetables*, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- Salt (to taste)
- Zero-calorie nonstick cooking spray
* You can use whatever vegetables you have on hand.
- Spray a large stockpot with zero-calorie nonstick cooking spray.
- Add the onion, mushroom, and garlic. Sauté for 5 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Add the vegetables and sauté for another 3 minutes.
- Stir in the broth, scraping up any browned bits. Add the thyme, pepper, and salt. Bring to a low boil. Reduce the heat to low and cover. Simmer for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are very tender. Remove from heat.
- Blend the soup with an immersion blender or in batches in a food processor or countertop blender.