- 1 cup asparagus spears, cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato, diced
- 6 oz. of crab meat, chopped
- 6 egg whites
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Zero-calorie nonstick cooking spray
- Spray a skillet with zero-calorie nonstick cooking spray. Add the asparagus, chopped onions, and diced tomatoes. Sauté for 5 mins. or until desired tenderness.
- Add the crab meat and continue to sauté 5 more mins. or until the crab is cooked.
- Whisk together egg whites, dill, onion powder, and pepper, set aside.
- Spray a skillet with zero-calorie nonstick cooking spray. Add half of the egg mixture. Top the eggs with half of the crab mixture and allow to set.
- Fold the omelet in half and press down with a spatula. When cooked on the side touching the pan, flip to cook the other side.
For Flex™ Patients: Serve with an avocado (1⁄4).
Recipe Yields: 8 oz. of protein, 2 cup of vegetables