Chipotle Shrimp Lettuce Wrap
- 16 oz medium or large shrimp, shelled and de-veined
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 dried chipotle peppers
- 1 head of lettuce, leaves washed and dried
- sliced lime wedges, for serving
- 1 Tbsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Combine the seasonings into a small bowl. Pour half of the combined seasoning, lime juice, and 1 Tbsp cilantro over shrimp in a large bowl. Toss bowl to coat shrimp entirely.
- In a large skillet, add cooking spray and shrimp. Add the chipotle peppers, cover and cook for about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the sliced green onions and the remaining seasonings and cook for another 2 minutes or until desired tenderness. Finally, add the remaining chopped cilantro. Toss to coat and remove from heat.
- Assemble lettuce wraps by placing a spoonful of shrimp/vegetable filling into the center of each leaf.