Asparagus & Sun-Dried Tomato Frittata
- Zero-calorie non-stick cooking spray
- 6 egg whites
- 3 cups of asparagus cut into 1-inch lengths
- 8 sun-dried tomatoes chopped in half
- 2 tbsp. of basil
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ⅛ teaspoon of pepper
- Heat oven to 425°F. Coat baking dish with zero-calorie non-stick cooking spray, set aside.
- Heat large pan over medium heat and spray with zero-calorie non-stick cooking spray. Add asparagus and cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Whisk egg whites in a bowl, stir in sun-dried tomatoes and asparagus. Add basil, salt, and pepper.
- Spoon mixture into baking dish.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, until firm in the center. Enjoy!
About 2 servings
Choosing Quality Asparagus
The first indicators of quality asparagus are the tips. They should be firm and springy, not tired-looking or semi-decomposed. If the tips are fresh, the rest of the spears likely are, too.