- 3 lbs (48 oz) firm cooking/ baking apples (Granny Smith, Northern Spy, Rome, or Golden Delicious)
- ¼ – ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- Vanilla liquid Stevia®
- Peel the apples and slice ¼ inch thick.
- Place the apples in a 4-quart or larger slow cooker. Add cinnamon and Stevia® to taste, tossing to coat well.
- Cover and cook until the apples are very tender and almost translucent, but not pureed, 2 to 2½ hours on high or 4 to 4½ hours on low. Add more Stevia® if desired.
- Transfer to a bowl and let cool slightly. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
Serving size dependent on individual meal plan