Dermal filler has been around for decades and is most commonly used in the face to help replace the volume loss caused by aging. Starting in our early 30’s, we lose close to 3ml of bone and tissue from our face each year. Each vial of filler contains 1ml, which is less than 1/4 teaspoon of product. That is a very small amount! I encourage anyone over the age of 30 to try and maintain their face volume by doing 2-3 syringes a year.
In the cheek area, we use filler to lift the lower face and give balance. Somewhere between 1-4 syringes are needed for total correction, dependent on an individuals age and volume loss. Sometimes referred to as a “liquid face lift”, filler is placed strategically in the lateral cheek area of the face to help pull and lift the mid face.
In the lips, one syringe will not give you an over filled look. The size of each individuals’ natural lips plays a role in the outcome and the injector should be able to assess the amount of volume you will have at the end of the treatment.
Some quick facts about our Juvéderm® fillers:
- One syringe is less than 1/4 teaspoon.
- All of our Juvéderm® fillers are reversible if needed.
- Hyaluronic acid is the main ingredient in Juvéderm® fillers. We all make our own hyaluronic acid naturally in our bodies.
- Before your appointment, try not to take any non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, fish oils, and alcohol. It will help decrease the chance of bruising.
- Schedule your appointment 2 weeks away from any photos or important dates, in case of bruising. A bruise has a life cycle of about 2 weeks.
- We offer complimentary consultations where you can ask questions and get information from board certified, trained Aesthetic Injectors.
Request an appointment today to have a FREE consultation with one of our board certified, trained Aesthetic Injectors.