Tomato Basil Soup
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth (or substitute 1 cup water for 1 cup broth)
- 2 cups chopped fresh tomatoes
- 3 oz tomato paste
- 4-6 leaves of fresh basil, rolled and sliced
- 1-2 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- 2 tbsp chopped onion
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- pinch of marjoram
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Puree all ingredients in a food processor or blender.
- Pour into a saucepan and heat to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Serve hot, garnish with fresh basil leaves or parsley.