Create Squash Stir Fry with RM culinary chef, Jan D’Atri. Pair with Miracle Rice to complete the meal.
Squash Stir Fry
- 1 cup zucchini sauced into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup summer squash into 1-inch pieces
- 1½ cups mushroom
- 1 sweet yellow onion
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- Slices your vegetables, once they’re ready for the skillet, heat your pan, and add about a fourth of a cup of water.
- Then toss in one cup of zucchini, one cup of squash, and one cup of chopped sweet yellow onion.
- Cook for about five minutes to soften and then stir in a cup and a half of sliced mushrooms.
- Season with a little salt and pepper to taste.
- When veggies are almost done, add 1 cup of fresh spinach to stir fry.
- Separately, for the Miracle Rice, add about a fourth of a cup of water to a hot skillet. Add your drained and rinsed Miracle Rice, and cook for five minutes. Enjoy!
Squash Stir Fry Sauce
- ¼ of a cup of chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons of Walden Farms® Asian Dressing
- 3 tablespoons of water
- In a bowl, combine a fourth of a cup of chicken broth, two tablespoons of Walden Farms® Asian dressing, and three tablespoons of water.
- Give it a whisk and then pour it into your skillet and stir to combine.
It’s hearty, it’s healthy and full of flavor and goodness. This squash stir fry is as satisfying as a meal gets. Hi, it’s Jan D’Atri and this is clean eating the Red Mountain Way.
We all need some great go to meals that check off the heart healthy box. And this stir fry dish is one of my new tasty favorites. It’s loaded with fresh veggies and I’m serving it up with gluten-free, low-carb, Miracle Rice. Here’s what you’ll need for this delicious dish. Zucchini, summer squash, mushrooms, onions, and spinach, and for the sauce, chicken broth and Walden Farms®, zero carbs, zero calorie, and fat-free Asian dressing. Let’s start with the veggies. Slice up a zucchini, I’m cutting it into one inch pieces. Do the same with a summer squash. Then once you chop a medium yellow onion and slice up some mushrooms, they’re ready for the skillet. Heat your pan, and add about a fourth of a cup of water. Then toss in one cup of zucchini, one cup of squash, and one cup of chopped sweet yellow onion. Cook for about five minutes to soften and then stir in a cup and a half of sliced mushrooms. Then season with a little salt and pepper to taste.
While the veggies are cooking, let’s make the sauce. In a bowl, combine a fourth of a cup of chicken broth, two tablespoons of Walden Farms® Asian dressing, and three tablespoons of water. Give it a whisk and then pour it into your skillet and stir to combine. This will give the serve fry a delicious thick sauce. While that’s cooking, you can get your Miracle Rice ready. Add about a fourth of a cup of water to a hot skillet. Add your drained and rinsed Miracle Rice, and cook for five minutes. Made of the konjac root, Miracle Rice is pretty amazing, and adds bulk to your meal. It will absorb the flavors of your stir fry and it’s only 10 calories a serving.
The veggies are almost done. We’re going to add one cup of fresh spinach to the skillet, our final bags. Let’s talk about the health benefits of this savory stir fry. Zucchini, rich in vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and contributes to healthy digestion. Summer squash is just as healthy. It’s rich in vitamin A and C, and helps protect against heart disease and stroke, and it’s great to maintain a healthy blood pressure. Mushrooms are considered a superfood, they help lower cholesterol and fight inflammation. They’re one of the best cancer-fighting foods, and they’re great for a diet because they’re so low in calories. Spinach, of course, is one of the healthiest greens you can eat.
The stir fry is done. The rice is cooked, and it’s time to plate up. Look at this medley of healthy veggies that you can enjoy guilt-free. Spoon Miracle Rice on your plate and add your stir fry right on top. A delicious and fun way to stir up some flavor and nutrition. I hope this Squash Stir Fry will be your go-to, one-pot-wonder of goodness.
For more great recipes for clean eating the Red Mountain Way, visit redmountainweightloss.com