Savory Baked Red Onion Garnish
- 1/2 red onion, cut into rings
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 bay leaf or pinch of bay leaf powder
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and minced
- pinch of dried basil and oregano (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- small amount of water
- Put onion in a baking dish with apple cider vinegar, water, and spices.
- Bake at 375 for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot over beef or chicken or chill and add to salads.
*Can also be sautéed in a small frying pan deglazing periodically.