- 4 large tomatoes (or as many as desired to increase the recipe)
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 6 oz can tomato paste
- 1 tbsp dried basil or fresh rolled and chopped basil, to taste
- 2 tbsp minced onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed and minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- pinch of marjoram
- Chop tomatoes or puree in a food processor for a smoother texture, add spices and heat in a saucepan.
- Allow to slow cook for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Allow the liquid to reduce or add additional water to achieve desired consistency.