Italian Beef Roll Ups
- 3.5oz lean flank steak
- finely chopped cabbage
- 1 cup beef broth or water
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp Bragg’s liquid aminos
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and minced
- 1 tbsp minced onion
- 1 tsp Italian herb mix
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Tenderize steak with manual meat tenderizer until flat and thin.
- In a frying pan combine cabbage with spices, vinegar and aminos and cook until slightly tender.
- Spoon cabbage mixture into pounded flank steak and wrap into a roll.
- Fill the bottom of the pan with a little water and beef broth. Salt and spice the top of the roll
- Bake at 375 degrees in the oven for approximately 20 minutes until cooked and cabbage tender.
- Baste occasionally with juices to keep the rolls moist.
Variations: Substitute spinach for the cabbage filling.