Green Bean, Tomato & Onion Salad
- 1 lb green beans
- ½ small sweet onion
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- cilantro to taste, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp finely minced fresh garlic
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp salt
- Start boiling water in a veggie steamer or pot with a steaming rack, meanwhile trimming the green beans on both ends & cutting them into pieces about 2 inches long.
- When the water starts to boil, steam the green beans for 5 minutes. While egreen beans are cooking, cut cherry tomatoes into halves and the onion into thin slivers.
- After done cooking, drain the green beans and immediately put in a bowl of ice water. Allow to cool in the ice water for about 1 minute, then drain immediately into a colander placed in the sink.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, garlic, oregano, and salt to taste in a separate bowl to make the dressing and set aside. Wash fresh cilantro and dry, then chop.
- Remove drained beans from the colander into a bowl large enough to toss ingredients together. Add the cherry tomatoes and onions and toss all ingredients together.
- Finally, toss with desired amount of dressing and then gently mix in the cilantro.
- Season salad to taste with salt and pepper, then serve warm or chilled.