- 3.5oz chilled cooked white fish or shrimp
- 3 tbsp lemon or lime juice
- diced tomatoes
- 1 tbsp chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and minced
- fresh chopped cilantro
- dash hot sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Steam the shrimp or fish.
- Add lemon, onion, garlic, and chopped cilantro.
- Stir in diced tomatoes and hot sauce.
- Chill and marinate the ingredients in the refrigerator.
Background: Traditionally, ceviche is not cooked — the citric acids “cook” the fish. This is an alternative to cooking the shrimp or fish.