Slow Cooker Chicken Carnitas
- 16 oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 4-6 large leaves of lettuce
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 1 Tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup low sodium chicken or
- vegetable broth
- Fresh cilantro for topping
- Place the chicken in the slow cooker.
- Mix in the spices, minced garlic, chopped onion, lime juice and broth in with the Chicken.
- Place lid on slow cooker and set to high. Let cook for 3 to 4 hours. (8 hours on low)
- After the time is up, take chicken out and shred with a fork. Set aside.
- Prepare your “taco shell” lettuce cups and place shredded chicken inside.
- Top with cilantro and extra lime for garnish