Lemony Spinach and Chicken Soup
- 3.5oz chicken
- 2 cups chicken broth (or substitute 1 cup water for 1 cup broth)
- ¼ lemon with rind
- 1-2 cup cups loosely packed spinach, cut into strips
- 1 tbsp onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and minced
- 1 stalk lemongrass (optional)
- ½ tsp thyme or to taste
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Lightly brown the chicken in small saucepan with a little lemon juice.
- Add the onion, garlic, spices and chicken broth.
- Add lemon with rind and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Add the fresh spinach during the last five minutes of cooking.
- Serve and enjoy.