Grilled Chicken with Apple Slaw
- 24 oz. chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 4 large garlic cloves, minced
- 6 Tbsp chicken broth or water
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 ½ tsp lemon zest
- 1 ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups cabbage
- 1 apple, peeled and sliced into matchsticks
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- Dash of mustard powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
One at a time, place the chicken breasts in a 1-gallon zip-lock bag. Using a meat mallet, pound to an even 1⁄2-inch thickness.
Mix the garlic cloves, chicken broth or water, thyme, lemon zest, salt, oregano, and black pepper together in a 1-gallon zip-lock bag.
Add the chicken breasts to the bag and massage the marinade into the meat until evenly coated. Seal the bag and place in a bowl in the refrigerator. Let the chicken marinate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Preheat the grill to high heat and oil the grates. Place the chicken breasts on the grill and cook, covered, for 2-3 mins. per side.
Slice cabbage in very thin strips. Toss with lemon juice, apple slices, and spices. Allow to marinate for 30 mins. or overnight.