Cucumber & Radish Salad
- 1 medium watermelon or daikon radish (about 1 ½ cups)
- 1 large red onion (about 1 cup)
- ¾ cup vinegar (apple cider, white, or red wine vinegar)
- ¼ cup water
- 1 bunch red radishes, stemmed (¼ cup)
- 1 English cucumber (2 cups)
- 1 ½ Tbsp white wine vinegar
- Basil leaves
- Parsley leaves
- 1-2 Tbsp Swerve® Granular Sugar
- 1 tsp salt
Cut radishes and cucumbers into small bite-size pieces. Toss in a bowl with vinegar.
Add salt, basil, and parsley to taste.
In a small saucepan, stir together vinegar, water, salt, and sweetener. Cook over medium-high heat until simmering.
Thinly slice the red onion and place in a Mason jar.
Pour the hot vinegar mixture over the onions, screw on the lid, and shake to coat the onions evenly with the mixture. Let the onions marinate for at least 30 mins.
Place radish and cucumber mixture on a plate and top with pickled red onions.
For Flex™ Patients: Top with feta cheese (1/2 oz.). Recipe Yields: 5 1/2 cups of vegetables.