Mexican Chicken Soup
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cayenne (or to taste)
- 1 lb cooked chicken, shredded into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro (optional)
- Preheat pot over medium-high heat. Add garlic, and cook for 3-5 minutes. Use a bit of broth to keep garlic from sticking to the pot if necessary.
- Add tomatoes, chicken broth, onion powder, cumin, chili powder, and cayenne. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer, and add chicken. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro and simmer for 5 minutes more.
* Serving size dependent on individual calorie or macronutrient allotment