Garlic Kale & Mushrooms
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 8 oz cremini or button mushrooms, sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 lb kale, coarse stems removed and leaves sliced or torn into pieces
- Several pinches of freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat a large skillet over medium heat.
- Spray the pan with cooking spray & sauté the garlic for about 2 minutes, being careful not to burn it.
- Add the mushrooms and sprinkle on desired amount of salt. Let cook for 5 to 7 minutes, stirring often until the moisture has released and the mushrooms are lightly browned.
- Add the kale & pepper and use tongs to sauté for about 10 more minutes. Add splashes of water if the pan seems dry.
- When done, the kale should be tender and cooked down well. Serve immediately.