With the new year starting, you may stop and evaluate where you are on your weight loss journey. Whether you are beginning or just finishing, we’re here to help you along the way. We’ve collected some of the best advice from past Red Mountain Weight Loss patients, because who else would know the journey better than them?
1. Be prepared to change your life permanently, not just temporarily. When joining one of our programs, you have to be mentally prepared to change your life for the long-term, not just be in it for short-term results.
“Eating to live not living to eat is a mentality shift that I went through that helped with the process to accomplish my breakthrough. One thing I preach to others that ask how I lost the weight is this is NOT a diet, it is 100% a lifestyle change.”
– Sean M., lost 86 lbs.
2. Your support system will take you farther than you would have gone by yourself. Everyone needs support, whether it’s from friends, family, co-workers, or your Red Mountain Weight Loss family. Lean on their encouragement when times get tough.
“I feel like I have a second chance at health and happiness. I have had so much wonderful encouragement from my husband, my two boys, other family, friends, co-workers, and my new amazing friends at Red Mountain Weight Loss. I could not have done it without their support.”
– Dinice “Renee” L., lost 65 lbs.
3. Tenacity and hard work is important when navigating your weight loss journey. Learning to give yourself grace, and pushing forward even temptation comes up, is important to future success. You need to continue to believe in yourself, no matter what.
“I am human like all of us, we have our ups and downs, our good and bad days. But I am sure going to try to make each day a good one over bad one if I can help it. I did not give up on myself.”
– Tishan K. lost 110 lbs.
4. Your family is looking at you as a healthy, role model. When you lose weight, you become a healthy role model for your kids and spouse. Your habits will dictate their habits, so remember that when you’re on this journey, it may not just be for you, it may have a longer term impact on your family.
“The program has been a huge lifestyle change and I love it. I have more energy to play with me kids, and now my husband and kids eat healthier, too. It has changed my family’s habits and not just with eating. We eat healthier, but now there is more walks and bikes rides!”
– Kelly H., lost 84 lbs.
“I finally feel like myself again! Young, energetic, and back in balance. More importantly, RM3® has helped me re-develop good healthy habits. I’m able to be the best me for my wife and our three girls, a healthy me.”
– Robert S., lost 70 lbs.
Looking for more inspiration? Check out our top tips on How to Stay Motivated to Lose Weight.