“Physical activity looks different for everyone! In fact, it’s the little habits that you do every day that have the most impact on how many calories are burned.”
– Anita Terlizzi, RM Fitness Expert & Certified Personal Trainer
- Begin by standing tall and facing forward.
- One at a time, step each foot out to the side, widening your stance.
- Quickly, step each foot back to the center. Repeat as desired.
Walking Tall Plank
- Begin in a tall plank: Hold your body up with long, extended arms on the floor. You should hold yourself up with your knees or your feet; the back should be straight.
- Engaging the core muscles, drop down to your elbows one at a time, maintaining the plank position.
Alternating Cross Punch
- Standing tall with the legs shoulder width apart, position your arms into a fighting stance: hands in fists, elbows bent, and arms in front.
- Punch your first arm forward and towards the opposite side, then return to the starting position.
- Mirror the movement on the other side.
- Continue to alternate arms as you repeat the movement as desired.
Body Weight Deadlift
- Stand tall and cross your arms in front of your chest.
- With a slight bend in both knees, hinge forward with a flat back into a tabletop position, looking forward to the horizon.
- Then, concentrate on the hamstring as you raise your flat back to a standing position, squeezing the glutes at the top. Repeat the motion as desired.
- Begin by kneeling down and placing your hands on the floor.
- Reach one arm long in front of you, simultaneously extending the opposite leg backward.
- Then, bring your extended elbow and knee inwards, performing a crunch.