- 4-5 stalks asparagus
- 1 cups chicken or vegetable broth (or substitute 1 cup water for 1 cup broth)
- 3 tbsp Bragg’s liquid aminos
- 2 tbsp chopped onion
- ¼ tsp thyme
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp onion powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp milk (optional)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Old Bay seasoning, to taste
- Trim asparagus to remove the tough ends of the stalk and steam until soft.
- Puree asparagus with broth and spices in a blender or food processor.
- Heat soup in a saucepan and enjoy.
Variations: Add 100 grams diced chicken if desired. You can replace dried spices with 1-2 teaspoons of Old Bay seasoning if you wish.