Live the Red Mountain Way
Eat this, not that!
Easy, healthy, & program-approved alternatives to some of your favorite indulgent dishes. Combat cravings for buffalo chicken wings, spaghetti bolognese, and ice cream with these delicious recipes.
EAT Buffalo Cauliflower Bites— NOT Buffalo Wings
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2/3 cup Frank’s RedHot® Sauce
- 1/4 cup water
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Preheat your oven to 425 F.
- In a large bowl, mix together garlic powder, salt, pepper, hot sauce, and water.
- Add the cauliflower florets to the bowl and toss them to coat.
- Spread the marinated cauliflower florets on a baking sheet prepared with parchment paper. Arrange them in a single layer.
- Bake cauliflower for about 20 minutes. Then, remove cauliflower from the oven and drizzle more hot sauce onto florets (if desired).
- Return to oven and broil for another 20 minutes, flipping once halfway through.
- When done, serve hot with approved dressings such as Walden Farms ranch.
EAT Zoodles & Meat Sauce— NOT Spaghetti Bolognese
- 3 cups spiralized zucchini noodles (“zoodles”)
- 1 can crushed tomatoes
- 8 oz lean ground turkey
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- Heat a pan & spray with a little zero-calorie nonstick cooking spray. Sauté onions until translucent. Remove and keep for use in meat sauce.
- In a pot, cook ground turkey, Italian seasoning, and onions for about 5 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink.
- Add crushed tomatoes to the pot and stir well.
- While the sauce is cooking, lightly sauté the spiralized zucchini until soft.
- When the sauce is ready, serve as a topping for zucchini noodles.
EAT Italian Ice— NOT Ice Cream
- 1 cup of 0-calorie soda of choice
- 2 boxes Sugar-Free Jell-O®
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- In a square baking dish, whisk Jell-O® with 1/2 cup of boiling water.
- After the Jell-O® powder is dissolved, stir in 1 cup of 0-calorie soda.
- Freeze baking dish, covered, for 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, use an ice cream scoop to portion.