Spaghetti Squash is a low-calorie food high in fiber. Because of its high fiber content, it’s filling and a great substitute for high-calorie foods. As a bonus, it’s also filled with Vitamin A and C. Read on to discover two versatile ways to use spaghetti squash this season.
Shrimp Scampi with Spaghetti Squash
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 pound of shrimp
- 1 lemon, zested
- Zero calorie non-stick cooking spray
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees, season squash with salt and paper, bake until tender.
- Separately, heat pan to medium heat. Add zero calorie non-stick cooking spray and shrimp. Cook shrimp until tender. Turn off heat, add lemon, salt, and pepper to shrimp.
- Remove squash from oven, and shred. Plate shrimp over squash and enjoy!
Spaghetti Squash Spice Latte
- 2 cups of coffee
- 2 tablespoons spaghetti squash puree
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of skim milk
- A splash of your favorite Walden Farms Creamer®
- Combine coffee, spaghetti squash puree, skim milk, and creamer in a blender.
- Blend until well combined, top with a sprinkle of cinnamon. Enjoy!