Homemade Chicken Broth
- 3 large chicken breasts
- 10 or more cups of water
- ¼ large onion, chopped
- 4 stalks of celery, chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 1 bay leaf
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large soup pot or crock pot combine chicken and 10 or more cups of water. Water should slightly cover the chicken.
- Add celery and spices.
- Heat to a boil then reduce heat to simmer.
- Allow to slow cook for 4 hours.
- Remove vegetables and chicken from broth.
- Refrigerate stock and skim off the chicken fat.
- Put through a strainer for a clear broth. Save the chicken and make chicken salad or add to soups.
Makes multiple servings