- 3.5 oz. lean ground beef (less than 7% fat)
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tbsp minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- Pinch of garlic powder
- Pinch of onion powder
- Pinch of oregano
- Cayenne pepper, to taste (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Brown ground beef in a small frying pan, then add onions and garlic.
- Stir in tomatoes and water. Add spices and simmer slowly until liquid is reduced. The longer it cooks, the more tender and flavorful.
- Add a little water as needed to prevent burning. Serve with chopped green onion or tomato garnish and salt and pepper to taste.