- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 2 ½ cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 ½ cups white onions
- ½ cup sweet red pepper, julienned
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 3 tsp fresh thyme, minced
- ½ tsp salt, optional
- Lemon wedges, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Flatten chicken breasts to ½ in. thickness. Place each on a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. square).
- Layer the mushrooms, onions, and red pepper over chicken.
- Sprinkle with pepper, thyme and, salt, if desired.
- Fold foil around chicken and vegetables and seal tightly. Place on a baking sheet. Bake until chicken juices run clear, about 20 minutes.
- Serve with lemon wedges, if desired.
Whole Recipe Yields:
16 oz. of protein
4 ½ cups of vegetables
¼ of recipe
4 oz. of protein
1 ⅛ cups of vegetables