4th of July Recipes
Celebrate the 4th with good food that is good for you!
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- Pork tenderloin
- Walden Farms BBQ Sauce (full bottle)
- Juice of 1 orange
- Chili powder (to taste)
- Cut the tenderloin in half & place in a 3-quart slow cooker along with Walden
- Farms BBQ Sauce, juice of 1 orange & chili powder to taste.
- Cover and cook on low or 4-5 hours or until meat is tender.
- After 4-5 hours, remove meat and shred with two forks; Return to slow cooker to heat through.
- Serve in lettuce cups.
BBQ-Spiced Veggie Kabobs
- ½ cup onions, chopped into 1-inch squares
- ½ red bell pepper, chopped into 1-inch squares
- ¼ cup mushrooms, sliced
- 1 zucchini, sliced
- 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¾ tsp paprika
- ¾ tsp chili powder
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- Place vegetables in a large bowl and spray lightly with zero-calorie nonstick cooking spray; Toss to coat.
- Then, combine all ingredients for spice mix in a large bowl & mix into vegetable mixture, using large spoon to toss spice mix evenly.
- Skewer vegetables onto wooden kabobs & cook on a grill until slightly charred.
Cauliflower “Potato” Salad
- 1 head cauliflower
- 3 scallions, chopped
- ¼ cup celery, diced
- 3 Tbsp Walden Farms Amazin’ Mayo
- ½ Tbsp mustard
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- Dill (to taste)
- Quarter & steam cauliflower for about 15 minutes or until tender.
- As soon as it is ready, remove from the heat and rinse in cold water for several minutes until cold.
- Then, set cauliflower on paper towels to drain. Pat dry if necessary.
- Chop the cauliflower into small bite-sized pieces and place in a bowl with the scallions and celery. Gently toss together.
- Next, add the mayo, mustard, salt and pepper; fold together gently with a spatula until well combined. Sprinkle a little dill over the top for garnish.
- Cover and chill for at least an hour, then serve.
Strawberry Margarita Mocktail
- 2 cups strawberries
- Juice of 2 oranges
- ½ cup sparkling water
- ¼ cup lime juice
- Lime for garnish
- Prepare ingredients by washing the strawberries & squeezing necessary fruit juice.
- Place the strawberries, orange juice, sparkling water, lime juice and ice into your blender.
- Blend on medium-high; add in ice as necessary to achieve desired consistency.
- Pour the mixture into glasses, garnish with a lime, and serve.
Cucumber Mint Spritz
- 3 mini cucumbers
- 6 leaves fresh mint
- 2 limes
- 1 liter seltzer water
- Ice cubes (as desired)
- Slice cucumbers into ribbons with a mandolin or vegetable peeler. Alternatively, chop into round slices. Place into a large pitcher.
- Add in mint leaves and gently muddle to release the juices and amplify flavor.
- Next, squeeze in lime juice, adding more if desired.
- Finally, stir in the seltzer and mix thoroughly.
- Chill mixture, then serve over ice.
Watch delicious recipes from our RM Clean Eating Kitchen series with Red Mountain’s Culinary Chef, Jan D’Atri and learn to eat clean the Red Mountain Way!
Jan D’Atri is Red Mountain’s official Culinary Chef, providing patients with a variety of instructional videos regarding how to cook healthy meals.
With an extensive background in the food industry as a restaurant owner, gourmet food distributor, and cookbook author, Jan’s expertise is in high demand. In fact, she has been featured in various Phoenix media outlets including radio host on 92.3FM KTAR, Arizona Midday, Sonoran Living, Phoenix Magazine, and more.