Your weight-loss efforts started with huge results, but now you can’t seem to get your momentum back. Is a lack of motivation holding you back? Could things turn around if you just had that spark of motivation? We can help you reignite that fire.
First, you’ll need intrinsic motivation, or the ability to cultivate motivation from within, to reach your weight loss goal. This requires you to believe it’s possible to achieve success (competence), to recruit a network of people who’ll support your efforts (community), and to own each and every one of your goals of your own free will (autonomy), not merely to comply with goals imposed by others and/or society as a whole.
Once you have intrinsic motivation, it’s time to gain momentum. Create a plan of action with seven steps:
- GET CLEAR: Gain clarity on where you are.
- GET CERTAIN: Take what you can dream about and make it real.
- GET EXCITED: It’s time to get excited about where you want to go.
- GET FOCUSED: Determine your results and where you want to end up.
- GET COMMITTED: This is when you become dedicated and truly commit to your goals.
- GET MOMENTUM: Take action!
- GET S.M.A.R.T GOALS: Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Timely GOALS!
Ready to gain back your momentum? Request an appointment to meet with one of our licensed medical providers to help you get back on track.