Breakfast Inspiration: Crab Meat Omelette
- 8 fresh asparagus spears
- 6 oz crab meat, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tsp dried dill
- t tsp garlic powder
- Ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 cup diced plum tomato
- In a large saucepan, steam asparagus in approximately 1 inch of water for 4 minutes or until tender
- Drain skillet and cut asparagus into 1/4-inch pieces.
- Sautée chopped onion with crab meat, tomato, and asparagus; transfer to a separate container when done.
- Whisk together egg whites, dill, ,garlic powder, and pepper. Set aside.
- When ready, heat a pan on medium-high heat and spray with a little zero-calorie nonstick cooking spray. Pour desired amount of egg mixture onto the pan.
- Top egg mixture with a portion of the crab mixture and allow to set.
- Fold the omelet in half and press down with a spatula. When cooked on the side touching the plan, flip to cook the other side.
- When done, remove from the pan and enjoy.
Lunch & Dinner Inspiration: Reuben Sandwich
- 10 oz roast turkey, sliced
- 1 cup sauerkraut, drained
- 4 Tbsp Walden Farms Thousand Island Dressing (or to taste)
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced
- 1 pickle, sliced
- Large lettuce leaves
- Shred turkey (or protein of choice) and add to a bowl.
- Add sauerkraut and Walden Farms Thousand Island dressing to meat and combine well.
- Transfer meat mixture to an oven safe dish and cook for 10-15 minutes at 350 degrees F.
- Remove meat from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- To serve, use a lettuce leaf as the sandwich ends. Top with onion, pickle and tomato.
Lunch & Dinner Inspiration: Zucchini Bruschetta
- 2 zucchini, sliced into rounds
- 1 Tbsp red pepper, diced
- 1 Tbsp white onion, diced
- ½ Tbsp garlic, chopped finely
- Herbs of choice, chopped finely
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- Chop zucchini and organize nicely on a sheet pan. Bake for 25 minutes at 350 degrees F or until roasted as desired.
- Meanwhile, chop up red pepper, onion, garlic & herbs and sauté together in a pan with a little zero-calorie nonstick cooking spray.
- Remove from heat and place in a bowl. Toss in lemon juice and season with salt & pepper to taste.
- After zucchini slices have sufficiently cooled, top with a small spoonful of the vegetable & herb mixture. Enjoy!
Dessert & Snack Inspiration: Meringue Cookies
- 6 egg whites (from fresh eggs)
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ½ serving of 1 RM Vanilla Protein Drink
- 6 Tbsp Swerve® Confectioners Sugar
- Preheat the oven to 210°F. Prepare a cookie sheet by lining with parchment paper.
- Whisk/whip the egg whites with a squeeze of lemon in a metal or glass bowl until you see stiff peaks.
- Beat in Swerve® Confectioners Sugar for approximately 15 seconds, being careful not to over-mix.
- With a piping bag (or plastic snack bag with a corner snipped off), pipe out 1-inch wide dollops onto the lined cookie sheet.
- Bake cookies for 45 minutes. When done, turn off the oven and allow the cookies to cool completely.
Serving size dependent on individual calorie allotment or diet plan