Sweet and Sour Chicken
- 3.5oz chicken breast
- 1/4 orange
- 1/2 lemon, with rind
- 1 cup water
- 1 tbsp Bragg’s liquid aminos
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp minced onion
- 1 tbsp lemon and/or orange zest
- dash of garlic powder
- dash of onion powder
- 1 tbsp hot sauce
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Stevia, to taste
- In a frying pan or small saucepan, place orange and lemons with the rind in water and boil until pulp comes out of the rind.
- Remove rinds from the water and scrape out remaining pulp and juice with a spoon.
- Add spices, onion, and Stevia, to taste.
- Add chicken and cook until liquid is reduced by approximately half and desired consistency is achieved.
- Add onion and garlic powders to act as slight thickening agent.
- Serve hot and garnish with lemon.