Spanish Chicken Soup
- 3.5 oz chicken breast
- 1/2 can diced tomatoes (sugar-free and low sodium)
- 1 jalapeño
- 1-2 tbsp cilantro
- 1-2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 6 drops lemon Stevia
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth
- 1 cup water
- In a small pot, add beef broth, water, chicken, jalapeño (put two knife slits in pepper) and garlic salt.
- Remove pepper after about 5 minutes and taste broth to ensure the jalapeño flavor was infused.
- Cook chicken thoroughly and remove from broth, allow to cool, and shred.
- Next, put tomatoes, cilantro, and one 3-inch piece of the jalapeño pepper in blender, pulsing until the texture is smooth.
- Add puree to broth and simmer 2-4 minutes over medium heat.
- Lower heat to medium-low, add chicken, green onion, lemon juice, Stevia, and vinegar.
- Simmer 10-15 minutes. Serve hot and garnish with fresh green onion and cilantro.