Slow Roasted Beef Brisket
- lean beef brisket in weighed 3.5oz increments (example 21 oz = 6 servings)
- 4-6 stalks celery
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- ¼ cup onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed and chopped
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- chili pepper, to taste
- salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Combine spices in a small bowl.
- Rub the mixture into the beef on all sides.
- Salt the meat liberally.
- Place the brisket in a crock pot and fill about halfway with water.
- Add celery to the liquid and set crock pot on high for 30 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium or low and allow to slow cook for 6-8 hours.
- Baste and turn the brisket periodically. You may add more of the spice mixture if you wish.
- Enjoy with horseradish sauce. Save the juices, skim the fat, and use to make flavorful sauces and dressings.