- chopped cabbage (head)
- 1 cup chicken broth or water
- 2 tbsp onion finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic crushed and minced
- Pinch of saffron powder or threads softened in water, made into a paste.
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- dash of mustard powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large frying pan, heat chicken broth and spices.
- Add cabbage and cover pan with a lid.
- Cook cabbage until tender, adding water as necessary to keep from burning while coating with the spice mixture.
- Serve hot with chicken or chilled for a cool salad.