- 1 shoulder roast weighed in 3.5oz increments (example 900 grams= 9 servings)
- 3 stalks celery
- whole tomato
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp paprika
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- water or broth, as needed
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Rub spices into meat on all sides.
- Place in crock pot and fill halfway with water or approved broth.
- Add 3 stalks of celery, onion, and tomato to liquid. Heat on high for 30 minutes, then reduce heat to low and cook for 6-8 hours until fork tender.
- Separate into 9 equal servings and enjoy.
Save the juice to make sauces and dressings.
Save the celery to make soup.
Always refrigerate and skim off any excess fat.