- 3.5 oz thinly sliced or whole chicken breast
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cloves raw garlic
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup chicken broth or water
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp dried oregano
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Marinate chicken in lemon juice, salt and pepper for one hour or overnight for best results.
- Place in a pan and fry until lightly browned and cooked thoroughly.
- For the pesto sauce, puree fresh basil, garlic, chicken broth, and lemon juice in a food processor.
- Add pesto mixture to chicken, add a little water and cook on medium heat coating chicken with pesto mixture. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve hot.
Serving size dependent on individual calorie allotment and diet guidelines