- one large Portobello mushroom, washed and pat dry
- 1/4 cup Walden Farms maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp liquid smoke
- sea salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- In a bowl that is large enough to marinate the mushroom slices combine the liquid smoke, maple syrup, salt, and pepper.
- Cut the mushroom into thin strips, no more than a 1/4 of an inch thick, and marinate both sides in the liquid mixture. At least 15 minutes per side.
- Spray a little 0-calorie nonstick cooking spray in a medium skillet and cook the mushrooms for 3 minutes, flip and cook for 3 more minutes. They should be browned and the edges should look crispy.
Serving size dependent on individual calorie allotment and diet guidelines