- 3.5oz shrimp, chicken, beef, or chicken sausage
- tomatoes or celery, chopped
- 1 cup vegetable broth or water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and minced
- dash of Worcestershire sauce
- dash of hot sauce
- dash of liquid smoke (optional)
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- pinch of thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
- water, as needed
- Lightly sauté shrimp, chicken, beef, or chicken sausage with celery or tomatoes, garlic and onion in lemon juice until lightly browned.
- Deglaze the pan with broth and add seasonings.
- Simmer on low for approximately 20-30 minutes, or until liquid is slightly reduced, adding additional broth or water to achieve desired consistency.