Hot and Sour Chicken Soup
- 3.5oz chicken breast, diced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 4 tbsp Bragg’s liquid aminos
- 1/2 lemon in quarters with rind
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and minced
- 2 tbsp minced onion
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- pinch of chili powder or red chili flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Stevia, to taste (optional)
- Boil lemon wedges with rind in 1 cup of water until pulp comes out of the rind.
- Scrape out additional pulp and juice.
- Add the diced chicken, spices and chicken broth.
- Simmer until cooked.
Variation: Add orange juice as an option and your choice of approved fruit or substitute shrimp for chicken.