Dr Kim: Are You Stressed & Don’t Even know It?
Written by: Clinical Psychologist, Dr. Kim Feinstein, RedMountain Weight Loss’s Behavioral Weight Loss Specialist
“During a storm, why not empower yourself by controlling one of the most important areas of your life, which is your own personal health and nutrition.” -Dr. Suzanne Bentz D.O., Founder & Medical Director of RedMountain Weight Loss
Does this familiar?
- “Now isn’t a good time for me to lose weight because I am stressed and have too much going on.”
- “I can’t follow my meal plan because of my hectic schedule.”
- “I am so busy taking care of my family that have no time to eat healthy and exercise.”
- “I don’t have time to plan, prepare, and cook.”
- “I’m going through a divorce, so I can’t stick to my meal plan. I will try again after it’s finalized.”
- “I suffer from depression/anxiety, so I will never be able to manage my weight.”
- “I am the primary caretaker of an ill family member, so I am not able to focus on myself and my health right now.”
- “I’ll start dieting again when I have less stress and chaos.”
- “I’m injured right now”“It is too expensive to eat healthy.”
- “I will start again tomorrow.”
Does this sound like you? You are not alone! I often hear many people say they will lose weight and address their eating issues when they have more time, their stressful relationship smoothed out, their divorce is final, their kids are older, the holidays are over, or the deadline at work is past. However, when is that really going to happen?
Unfortunately, real life is full of (stress and chaos) storms. While stress waxes and wanes, it never completely goes away. There is always something else to deal with right around the corner. Therefore, waiting for the perfect time to lose weight is NOT the answer. Now is the time to stop making excuses as to why you can’t stay on track with your meal plan and/or exercise routine. The secret to successful weight loss and weight management is to be able to keep a healthy lifestyle even in the midst of stress and chaos.
If any or all of the before mentioned excuses are preventing you from achieving your weight loss goals and creating the life you desire, I have some good news for you… You can break through these barriers and succeed at your weight loss goals once and for all!
Contact RedMountain Weight Loss for more information, and to start a weight loss program today!