- 3.5oz shrimp
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth or water
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and minced
- 1 tbsp minced onion
- 1/4 tsp horseradish
- 1 1/8 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1-2 tsp hot sauce
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- pinch of thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- dash of sassafras powder or Root Beer flavored Stevia
- dash of liquid smoke flavoring (optional)
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Mix liquid ingredients, onion, garlic, and spices. Simmer over low heat for 10 minutes in a small frying pan.
- Add shrimp and cook thoroughly for an additional 5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Deglaze the pan periodically with additional water or broth.
- Serve hot or cold over a salad or with fresh asparagus.