Crab Meat Omelette
- 8 fresh asparagus spears
- 6oz crab meat, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 4 egg whites
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup diced plum tomato
- Bring 1 inch of water to boil in a large saucepan. Steam asparagus in water for 4 minutes or until desired tenderness. Cool and cut into ½ inch pieces when ready.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat and sautee chopped onion. Add crab meat and asparagus, and cook for 2 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together egg whites, dill, garlic powder, and pepper.
- Separate crab mixture into a separate container and return half to the pan. Spread crab mixture in skillet evenly and top with half of the egg mixture and half of the diced tomatoes.
- Allow egg mixture to set, then lift the omelet’s edges, allowing the uncooked egg to come into contact with the hot skillet.
- When omelette is set, fold the omelet and press down. Flip and ensure both sides are fully cooked, then serve.
Makes 2-3 small omelettes
Serving size dependent on individual calorie allotment and diet guidelines