- 6-8 medium asparagus spears
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp chipotle chili powder
- 1 clove garlic, crushed and minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Steam asparagus lightly in water until lightly tender (do not overcook).
- Purée steamed asparagus and lemon juice together in a food processor or blender.
- Add in chipotle chili, fresh garlic in the mixture and blend.
- After all ingredients are mixed & puréed, transfer into a saucepan to warm, if desired.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and garnish with fresh cilantro or dill if you prefer.
Serving size dependent on individual calorie allotment.