- 3.5oz lean ground beef (less than 7% fat)
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tbsp minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
- pinch of garlic powder
- pinch of onion powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- pinch of oregano
- cayenne pepper to taste (optional)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Brown ground beef in a small frying pan, then add onions and garlic.
- Stir in tomatoes and water. Add spices and simmer slowly until liquid is reduced. The longer it cooks, the more tender and flavorful.
- Add a little water as needed to prevent burning. Serve with chopped green onion or tomato garnish and salt and pepper to taste.